Monday 8 August 2011

Moving On

Joseph is officially a crawling baby!
Well, he's been showing signs of wanting to for ages. We've seen him get up on hands and knees and rock back and forth and over the last few days he's managed two or three hesitant "steps" before giving up and belly-flopping forwards.
Today, he saw something at the other end of the living room and crawled over to it. The "it" in question was my washing bin and he wanted to pull it over and have a look inside. This is not something I'm too happy about so I soon got it out of reach, but he'd got the idea at this point and it's been a day full of crawling. When he's bored he crawls to the shoes and tries to eat them, so I've been getting more toys out in the hopes he'll be distracted. He crawled into the kitchen to follow me, which was sweet and he crawled up to The Cat and they indulged in a staring contest, which he won!
Well, serves the kitty right after the present she left us on our sofa this morning. Yeuch!
Right now he's crawled to the nappy bag and has got hold of the pack of wipes to play with, something I am reliably informed happens with a lot of babies, it's the crinkly plastic.
I've spent part of the day putting a few things well out of reach, like my new stepper exerciser, I don't want little fingers getting into it! The old one broke, mid use this week with rather a depressing crunch sort of noise. It's been doing me a lot of good, so I decided to replace it, with a slightly better one that makes me do a sort of twisting motion as I step away, so I get a better work out.
The post -pregnancy diet has shifted focus, I'm not so bothered about actual weight loss any more as I have a healthy BMI, but I am making more of an effort to be generally fitter. This includes plenty of steppacise, some use of small hand weights and other exercises. Joseph finds the sight of someone doing press-ups quite hilarious! One day when he's bigger I'll make him join in, he he!
We went for a nice walk yesterday, up to the Roman remains at Silchester. We put Joseph in his brand new baby carrier, he had a lot of fun! It was a bit damp at times but he stayed pretty dry, the only thing was that he did get quite cold hands! Now it's been broken in I'm sure we'll get a lot more use out of it, he loved patting Andy on the back of his head and trying to grab his ears!
The Tiramisu, by the way, went down very well, but I am at a loss as to what I can do with the left-over mascarpone! Answers on a post-card.....

No comments:

Post a Comment