Saturday 11 August 2012

On the move

It's seeming now as if Joseph has shaken off his little adventure with the rotavirus without too much trouble. It was bad enough while it lasted, but even the nappy rash is all gone now. He seems calmer now, probably because he's not in discomfort any more.
We have some big news this week. Our house is now up for sale! It was put up on a property website only yesterday and we've already had one viewing, which I find encouraging. They seemed to like the place, but had lots more places to go and look at so I doubt we'll hear back from them, but you never know. It means we now have to start doing the same thing. I didn't want to look at places before we were ready to sell ourselves. Knowing me I'd see somewhere I liked, get my heart set on it and then we'd not sell quickly enough and we'd lose out.
Now we're on the market, it's time to bite that bullet and go look around a few places. I have to admit, I'm not sure how Joseph is going to fare with all this. We had two different valuations from estate agents and he took a little while to not be scared of the first one and he didn't like the second chap at all! When we discussed the matter afterwards we both preferred going with the first one. We were all three in agreement!
My main worry is that we'll have someone come round who is really interested in the house and Joseph will take a violent dislike to them. He was fine yesterday, a little clingy but he didn't cry. When I showed them the bedroom he was quite happy to bounce about on the bed while I showed them the lovely fitted wardrobe and the spacious airing cupboard.
I really can't help it, but I do keep picturing the worst case scenario! Five minutes before someone is due to come and view, our next door neighbours territorial tom cat decided to spray all over the front step, and the first impression they get is the strong sulphurous smell of cat pee. Never mind, inside we have a spacious living room where a small child has just upended a big box of duplo all over the floor. Still, it covers up the place where he tried to take the lid off his drink and there's a puddle of orange juice on the carpet.
In the kitchen we have a bowl of stinking cat food that half dragged out over the floor to match the scattered cleaning products the cat knocked over whilst trying to escape out of the window.
Never mind, on to the upstairs. The pungent smell coming from the bathroom is where the aforementioned cat got a little caught short and took a dump in the bath. There she is, curled on on the bed having a wash. It's probably best to ignore the stressed looking woman holding a toddler who is screaming fit to bust and generally trying to elbow her in the face. It's also good to keep your cool when the same toddler looks you right in the eye and says: -
"Daddy!"
All the above has happened on various occasions. To be honest, it's the cat I'm most worried about. At least I can strap Joseph into his booster seat and give him smarties to keep quiet. The cat is a whole other ball game, her food has an unmistakeable odour that has a whiff of baby poop about it and the crystals that we use to stop her using the lawn as a toilet smell almost as bad as the waste she leaves.
Oh, I forgot one thing. Knowing my luck I'll be mid nappy change on the floor when the viewers turn up. Now that's a sight that will leave a lasting impression, a woman scraping poop of a small child's backside.

1 comment:

  1. Now, now! Think positive! Don't think about the possible disasters. Joseph is cute enough to SELL the place for you. Trouble is they might think he's a fixture and want him to stay along with the shelves, light bulbs and fittings!!

    ReplyDelete