Friday 4 May 2012

My Birthday

It was my birthday yesterday. I'm of an age now that when the day rolls around I'm a little bit less keen to advertise the fact and I have no ideas in my head at all about what I want for presents.
Joseph gave me a card and I suspect he had a little help in writing his name, but there was a drawing in it that was clearly all his own work, created when Andy turned his back and left Joseph with the pen for a moment. All right, it was more of a scribble, but it was still sweet.
I went out for a meal with my Mum. Yes, if there's one thing I'm sure to like it's going to a place that does good steak. I like mine rare, the way the French do it. I can't see the point of cooking it to the point there's no juice in it.
Joseph had cheesy omelette, French fries and peas and sweetcorn. To be honest I was expecting him to struggle, but he liked the omelette, he liked it a lot. He liked the chips too, but that's hardly a surprise. If he was presented with chips and he didn't want them then I'd start to wonder if he was feeling a little unwell. He did his usual thing with the peas and ate most of them one at a time. In the end I helped by shovelling them in on a spoon which speeds things up but means he chews them less. I guess I'll be seeing them again soon!
We had chocolate cake for pudding which was very gooey in the middle and Joseph had chocolate ice cream which he absolutely loved. It dribbled down his chin and gave him a chocolatey goatee beard and when I fed him some of the white chocolate ice cream some of that dribbled, making the beard look a bit more greying and middle aged.
After that I had to make use of the facilities for babies as Joseph had produced something rather explosive and smelly for me to deal with.
We went shopping and I bought a t-shirt for Joseph that read "I'm cute, my Mummy is cute and my Daddy is lucky". I would like to point out that I had seen this t-shirt before and when I had told Andy about it he had seemed sad that I had not got it.
In the evening Andy set to and would have created me a feast had I not still been full from lunch. He ate chilli-con-carne and I had a taste. Then, he made my birthday cake!
It was a chocolate layer sponge. I know, it's a lot of chocolate in one day but it was my birthday and I like chocolate cake. It had thick buttercream icing with lots of chocolate melted into it. Absolutely yummy. Alas for Joseph, he'd gone to bed by the time the icing was done and he didn't get any. Still, I think he'd had enough at lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment