Monday 19 March 2012

Learning

He can understand more than he seems. Yesterday, Joseph was being his usual squiggly self of an evening and one of his socks had parted company with his foot. Andy sighed and asked Joseph "Where's your sock?" and Joseph smiled and started pulling at the sock that remained on his other foot. Unsure if this was some sort of fluke, a little later we asked him again "Joseph where are your socks?" and he immediately looked down at his feet. I asked him today and the same thing happened. He can't say it yet, but he does understand "sock" and also "feet".
He's also learned that if he stretches up he can reach the door handle and get into the kitchen. Thankfully at the moment, if I'm not in there then he's not interested. However, if I am and I happen to be doing something like getting dinner out of the oven I have to be very careful.
I've learned that he doesn't like sweet potato that much and the absolute best thing to keep him happy is a bag full of groceries. I put them away one bag at a time and he busies himself by seeing what's in the remaining bags. Today, The Cat was quite happy with this as Joseph had found the new pot of cat treats I had bought and being a determined little soul he had got the lid off and opened the seal. Cat treats went all over the floor and it's a good job I noticed when I did because he was about to try and find out just what it was about them that The Cat liked so much.
Still, our moggy isn't too picky when it comes to treats and was quite happy to eat all of the treats that had got baby slobber on them. I suppose there are worse things for him to get all over the carpet, a few weeks ago he got the egg box and twelve ovoids were rolling along the floor. How he didn't manage to break any of them I have no idea.
His understanding of certain words has increased, but there's no signs of him saying anything new yet. On the other hand he's coming up with some odd sounds that almost could be words. "Doodle" is quite a common one, it's come round a few times today. Also "Moider" turns up quite a lot which is a bit surprising as I haven't ever let him watch an episode of Taggart.
In the mean time I'll just sit and listen to our little force of entropy having a bath. It's fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment