Tuesday 13 December 2011

More Birthdays

Had a lovely morning today. A friend of mine has a little boy turning two and decided to have a little get together at a local garden centre.
They have a nice little play area that I hadn't really looked closely at before. It has a bouncy castle, a play house, a soft play area and a nice little area for changing dirty bottoms. If only Joseph had been walking with confidence then he could have had a turn on the castle, but I don't think he would have liked it.
The whole area was carefully fenced (sorry, can't think of a better word and it was an actual low fence!) in to make sure that the kids didn't run off into the garden centre proper.
We had coffee and we had cake and the little ones ran about and had fun. It was nice and relaxing and I have to admit, I think I might pinch the idea for Josephs next birthday, it looks a lot less stressful!
Now we are home and Joseph, who is a little under the weather, has coughed himself to sleep and I have worked my way through a heap of ironing the size of a neolithic earthwork. It's safe to say that Josephs party celebrations are finally over as the table cloths I borrowed are now washed and ironed, the balloons have gone flat and been thrown away, I've eaten the last of the sweets from the left over loot bags and the last of the savoury left overs were turned into a chicken curry last night and that's all gone too. All I have to decide now is what to do with the flag banner and the table cloth that came with the party set. They're covered in jungle animals and I'm just not sure what I can use them for again, but it does seem a bit of a waste to throw them. I've also got one pack of unused plates left, again I can't decide what to do with them as they're unused but they do say "Happy 1st Birthday" on them and Joseph wont have another. Perhaps someone else might want them so I'll hang onto them for now. If they're still of no use by the time we come to move then I think I will pitch them. It will seem a bit of a waste, but at the end of the day it'll just be extra clutter to deal with.
Got to go, it's time to poke awake a sleeping boy who's probably nicely coated with dried on snot. I have a pack of wet wipes at the ready.....

No comments:

Post a Comment